Youth Outings and Activities
Brandon and Kelli VanDonkelaar
Brandon and Kelli are our Youth Leaders who work along with their team weekly on Wednesday evenings ministering to our youth. They have an explosive youth program seeking to impact lives through the ministry touch of God. Our aim is to equip young people to be able to beat the pressures of this day and age by teaching them Biblical principals and helping them to grow in a real relationship with God.
They meet every Wednesday night at 7 pm to 8:30 pm.
Youth Mission Trip to Honduras
Too often when teaching teens in today’s culture, churches focus more on entertainment and holding their attention than on the presentation of strong, biblical truth and application. Our mission is to make your child a disciple of Jesus Christ. In order to accomplish this goal there are five areas that we will continually emphasize:
1. Soul-winning (Psalm 119:9) – Conforming to the image of Christ should be the goal of every Christian. The compassion and zeal Christ had for the lost is an example that will not only be preached, but also practiced by our youth ministry.
2. Missions (Matt. 28;19) - Our primary focus is to make disciples. We will provide the necessary resources for our youth to “Go” into the world and teach others. We believe that youth missions is a critical component of our goal to develop our youth into reflections of Christ who will transform their homes, their schools, their churches, their workplaces, and their worlds for Christ.
3. Prayer & Worship (III John 4) – are a vital part of our plan to help each youth develop his/her own personal relationship with Jesus, by meeting on a regular basis to pray, worship, talk to each other, sharing and encouraging one another.
4. Surrender (Psalm 71:5) – youth will be taught that dedicating one’s life to God and letting Christ control every aspect of their life is essential for finding God’s will for their life. Because Christ so willingly gave His life for us, how much more should we desire to present our bodies a living sacrifice for Him.
5. Servant-hood (I John 3:18) – If a teen has the right view of themselves as a servant, then they are going to start reaching and affecting other people’s lives. We will give our young people many opportunities to serve in the church as well as the community.
Living Word Church
This is the Generation
It is the goal of our youth ministries to help families develop a spiritual foundation that equips each member to live out the Christian life. Our vision for the Youth Ministry is to develop a community of young people who are experiencing the joy of a relationship with God, who recognize God's purpose for their lives, and who seek to know God more. We desire our youth to make Him known to others while simultaneously building healthy friendships and experiencing meaningful fellowship. Living Words Youth Ministries are to enhance what parents are doing at home, and not entirely replace it. We will accomplish this by envolving the youth in regular bible studies, out reach activities as well as community out reaches and mission trips.